10 Free Ways to Market your Website
Are you looking to market your small business website with a limited resources and budget, then this article is for you! I have written about 10 free ways to market your website.
Regardless, if you have an established sites such as Google or Facebook, or newer outlets like Pinterest, there are plenty of options available to market your site.
Here are 10 steps you can implement to market your website with a time investment and no credit card required. Some of these have been around for awhile, but still work very well, while others are newer ideas you may not have tried before.
Here is the list of 10 free things you can do to get started marketing your website.
- Press releases work. As you know a submission to PRWeb or a Vocus account make the pickup and link benefit much easier, but those cost dollars – so for this article lets reiterate the best free press release sources:
- In addition, I use a service that cost $15.00 and goes out to 70 websites within 48 hours. Try this site. http://straightlinepr.com/
- Claim, verify, and update your Google Local Business listing. This is extremely important. Google Local Listings have been absorbed into Google+.
- Join a social media site or group on Facebook or LinkedIn that pertains to your exact business and participate. Be helpful, provide relevant and useful information, and your word of mouth advertising will grow from that interaction.
- Build a Facebook and LinkedIn page for your business and follow businesses that are related to your product or service. Share informative and relative content and link to your profile from your website. You should also consider allowing users to “Like” your content on a page by page basis.
- Setting up joint benefit with local businesses or others in your niche can help you reach eyes you never did before. Be sure to answer the question “Will my user find this information beneficial as they shop and purchase?” every time you link to a resource, or request a link or listing on another site.
- Comment and offer original, well thought out comments, sensible information, opinion and help on blogs that are relevant to your website’s topic and be sure to leave your URL. Even if a nofollow tag is attached, you could gain a bit of traffic and some credibility as an authority on the subject matter. This is not blog comment or spamming, this is engaging in a conversation relevant to your website’s topic.
- Set up and verify a Webmaster Central Account at Google.
- Set up a Bing Webmaster Tools account and verify it.
- Update or create your XML sitemap and upload it to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.
There you have it! 10 ways to market your website. Get to work and make something happen! There is no reason to say you can’t be successful because you don’t have a huge advertising budget. Time is all you need, be consistent, be persistent, and never give up! Internet Marketing is tough game and if you don’t stay in you are out!
There is an old saying:
Victor Kiam “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”
Take Care, William